I have been on a roll the past two weeks trying to finish up my WiPs.
I did have 2 finishes this week - my improv log cabin pillow top that I made a few weeks back, and some plain pillow covers I've been meaning (for a LONG time) to make to revamp my living room couch.
The blue and green paisley/floral pillow behind the improv block pillow is one of the other pillow covers I made.
My other WiPs worked on this week are:
I got MOST of the binding on my nephews quilt. But when I had it all sewn on and ready to join the ends, I decided I didn't like how the fabrics were joining on that side (it is a scrappy binding and there was too much orange on the side where the ends were joining), so I have been doing a little unpicking and cutting and adding until I have it fixed a bit. I will have that done by tonight.
I am just about done with snipping the rag edges on my son's Toy Story rag quilt. I think I have one row of blocks and the outer edge to do and then I will be done. Because it is hard on my hands, I only clip a few rows each night, hence the reason it has taken its time being completely finished!
And I had mentioned last week that I found a decade-old, unfinished baby blanket in a box in the garage and decided to throw a binding on it and get it finished and usable
So while I was at Walmart one day, I stopped in their fabric section (since I had no plans to drive out to any other fabric stores for awhile) and found this pink floral in a tone pretty darn close to the pink in the quilt.
This is one of those "Get-It-Done" projects for me, so I was not picky about finding the "perfect" fabric. And I think it cost me all of $1.28! Not bad for a free blanket that has been long neglected! I am just going to machine bind it, so this shouldn't take me much time to finish off once I sit down to do it.
I also finished up another block for the Virtual Quilting Bee at Diary of a Quilter. This one is called "Going Dutch".
2 finishes - Improv pillow and 2 plain pillow covers
*Toy Story Blanket - All sewn, just need to finish clipping the seams.
*Baby Boy quilt - binding MOSTLY applied
*Discovered old baby blanket - binding made
Not worked on:
Upcycyled Tees - 1 of 3 sewn
Denim Rag Quilt - not worked on
New WiPs (or WiPs pulled off the back burner!) -
None this week
2013 BOM's & Bees -
*Sister's 10 BOM blocks - Caught up!!
Virtual Quilting Bee blocks - 1 finished, 2 behind
Applique Quilt - March fused but not appliqued, April & May blocks not started
Linking up over @ Freshly Pieced