Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WiP Wednesday - SOOO Close, yet so far away

I did a lot this week.  A LOT.  At least it feels that way.  But yet, I still have nothing to show for it!  Bummer.
 
I finished the quilting on both my nephew's baby quilt, as well as my Love baby quilt. 
 
I am THRILLED about the Love baby quilt!  I started this back in October, but my sewing machine was giving me fits as I tried to quilt it.  (You can read more about my battle HERE.)  So I gave up and put it away until after the holidays.  I pulled it out again a few months ago and was able to quilt about half of it before my machine started protesting yet again.  I decided to give it another try over the weekend after finishing my nephew's quilt, and was finally able to finish the quilting!  HUGE sigh of relief.
 
 
Yesterday I made and applied the binding to the front.  So now, between both baby quilts, I see a good weeks worth of nights in front of me, hand binding while watching TV.  Hand binding is probably my favorite part of the whole quilting process, so I am actually pretty happy about it! 
 
***
 
I also worked a bit on my son's Toy Story blanket, sandwiching the squares and getting halfway through chain sewing the "X's" through them.

 
 
 I am SUPER behind on my BOM blocks, but hope to get back on those now that my two baby quilts are almost done. 
 
***
 
I did get in practicing some free motion quilting. First try with this design, so don't look too close!





WiP's - no finishes (Again!)

Worked on: 

*Baby Boy quilt - Quilting finished!  waiting to be bound.
 
*Love baby quilt - Quilting finished and binding sewn onto the front.
 
Toy Story Blanket - squares sandwiched and "X's" half sewn. 
 
Improv Log Cabin Pillow -  fabric purchased.
 

Not worked on:

 Upcycyled Tees - 1 of 3 sewn
 
Denim Rag Quilt - not worked on


2013 BOM's & Bees -

Sister's 10 BOM blocks - April & May blocks not completed


Virtual Quilting Bee blocks - 1 April blocks to complete, 1st May block to complete


Applique Quilt -  March fused but not appliqued, April block - picked up, but not worked on, May block not picked up


Linking up @

4 comments:

  1. Your free motion quilting is fabulous. I desperately need to practice my quilting. At the moment all I can do is look on in awe at work like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your FMQ looks fantastic I love that design..makes me want to have another go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your paisleys....great quilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first time, your paisleys look fantastic. Holy cow! Meanwhile, good luck getting the quilts done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!