Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WiP Wednesday

Even though there is no WiP Wednesday this week at Freshly Pieced, I still felt like doing a Work-In-Progress post, even if it is just for myself!

This past week I got a lot done.  First, I finished my Love Baby Quilt just in time to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  (You can view that post HERE.)

Love front

Second, I finished sewing together my son's Toy Story Rag Quilt.  I just have to finish clipping the seams and it will be finished.  He already loves it and tries to steal it from me while I have it out to work on.



Thirdly, I sewed up some adorable tiny totes to fill with candy for my twins teacher appreciation gifts (which I will show in another post once I figure out how to iron them and have them filled and ready to go!)  These were so fast, so easy and so adorable, I can definitely see myself making a lot more of these as favors or gifts in the future.

Fourth, I have cut and pieced a couple of bindings - one for my nephews quilt, and one for a random, unfinished baby blanket from years ago that I found in a box last week.  Now that I have my Love quilt out of the way, I am going to focus on finishing my nephew's.  My sister will be here with him and my niece in about 2.5 weeks.

And Fifth, I finished the May Blocks for the Sister's Ten Modern BOM.  Now I just need to catch up on my Virtual Quilting Bee blocks (three behind).  And my Applique Blocks (also three behind).  Sigh.

Sisters Ten Modern BOM (May) - Aunt Eliza's Star


WiP's - 

1 finish - Love Baby Quilt!
(also started and finished Teacher mini Totes this week)

Worked on: 
*Toy Story Blanket - All sewn, just need to finish clipping the seams.
*Baby Boy quilt - binding cut and pieced

 Not worked on:
Improv Log Cabin Pillow - Not worked on
 Upcycyled Tees - 1 of 3 sewn
Denim Rag Quilt - not worked on

New Projects:
*Old Baby Blanket that needs binding - binding cut and pieced


2013 BOM's & Bees -

*Sister's 10 BOM blocks - Caught up!!
Virtual Quilting Bee blocks - 3 behind
Applique Quilt -  March fused but not appliqued, April & May blocks not started



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!