Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WiP Wednesday #8 - Finally, I Swooned

Swoon 1

Yes, I finally managed to finish a Swoon block! 

I really like it.  But I have decided it is not what I want for my bedroom. 

However...it is perfect for my living room!  So I have decided to turn this one into a mini quilt/wall hanging.  Last night I stayed up way too late adding the 2 1/2 in white sashing that is called for in the pattern, then cut out and sewed into strips a 1-1/2 inch pieced scrappy border.  I will then add another border of white and then probably a red binding.

I am really excited about this, because I finally have something to put on the wall above my couch.  I have a HUGE, vaulted wall above the couch that has been empty since we moved here and I haven't known what to do with it.

Initially, I was going to make one of these ten dollar ledges because I don't have a mantel in this house and wanted some kind of surface to decorate by season.  But once I decided to make this a wall quilt, the vision came to me of how to deal with that empty space.  I hope it turns out as cute as it is in my mind.

I am still going to make the swoon quilt for my bed, I think.  I just need to decide on new fabric.

So, WiP #1 - Swoon  Quilt.  Worked on, changed, and added upon.  But...progress made, and that is the point, right?

Here are my stats for the week:

WiP's finished: 0
New WiP's - 0
 WiP's worked on: 1
#1 - Swoon mini quilt

Wip's NOT worked on:
WiP #2 -Denim Rag Quilt

WiP #3 - Star Baby Quilt

WiP #4 - Pillows

Linking to WiP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

and Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt Story

Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. I sooo wish I could do that. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - popping over from Freshly Pieced! Love your Swoon block... it's going to make an awesome wall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to swoon one of these days. Those are just too cool.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Richard, you do need to Swoon! They are really fun to make :)

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day!