Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WiP Wednesday #10

Well, my Swoon mini quilt that I had hoped to have done by this week has been put on the back burner for a bit.  Big shocker, I know.  But I REALLY don't want to do my usual meander or straight line quilting on it, so I am trying to decide what to do on it.  I want to branch out a little in my quilting, but I also feel like I need to plan a lot more for this, and not just shove it under the needle and go like I am able to when I do meandering.
  So while I am deciding, I decided to work on a couple more pressing projects.
***
The first one I worked on was the totes for my sons' preschool teachers.

Teacher totes - in progress
Teachers Totes: I will be embroidering their names between the handles, above the pink base.
 
I took the boys to the fabric store (which is always a fun experience) and let them (kindof) pick out the fabric for them. 
Then I cut them both out and got one done up to the point of embroidering the name on. 
Unfortunately, I am NOT a math whiz and I didn't get enough interfacing initially (nor the SECOND time, either!), so the other one has not been constructed up to that point yet, and I want to get them both to the point of embroidery before I pull out the embroidery module.
And that is why neither tote is done yet, even though the pattern I am using is SUPER EASY.  However, I'm pretty sure these will turn out darling.  I'm excited to get them finished and see the final product.
***
The second project I took on this week is a gift for a friend who is expecting her third boy (Yay for boys!!)
baby rag stack
I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, but I still don't want to say much about it here until it is done.  She is due soon, however, so this is my most pressing project.  I'm hoping to have it done and shipped by this weekend.  We will see. 

***
So that leaves me with these stats:

WiP's finished - 0

New WiP's - 2
Teacher's Totes
Baby gift

WiP's worked on - 2
WiP's NOT worked on: 4
Swoon mini quilt
Denim Rag Quilt
Star Baby Quilt
 Pillows

On the back burner/not started yet:
Bed quilt
Christmas Stockings
Secret gift #1
Secret gift #2

Total = 10

Linking up to Lee @ Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!