Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday #6

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I finally finished my Christmas Tree Skirt! Yay!  You can read all about it here!

Tree Skirt

I love the feeling of being able to check a project off my list. 

So... WiP #1 = Christmas Tree Skirt.  Check! 

In addition to finishing my tree skirt, I have also been working on the fundraiser quilt again.  It is due by this coming Sunday.  Nothing like putting it off till the last minute, right??

Fundraiser Quilt - In Progress

WiP #2 = Fundraiser Quilt

I actually have had the quilt top done for over a month.  I finished it right before I left on my trip.
Last night I sandwich it and basted it, and I thought I would get a good start on the quilting, but my machine was giving me issues.  I have not quilted on my new machine yet, so I am not sure what the problem was, but I wanted to do some straight line quilting and it kept skipping stitches. 

Part of the problem may be that I am using a regular presser foot.  I don't have a walking foot for this machine yet, because, even though I ordered one to come in with my machine, it has supposedly been on back order for the past 4 months.  I am almost to the point where I am going to go get a refund and get one from another Bernina store in a different town.

Another problem may be that I need to raise the height of the presser foot.  I will try raising it, however, I am not going to spend much time trying to figure the problem out.  If that doesn't fix it, I will just get out my old mechanical Bernina that has a walking foot.

I have also added a new project, or rather, remembered an old project and pulled it out. 

Pillow Fabric

WiP #3 = Living Room Pillows

I have been wanting to recover my living room pillows for quite some time.  However, I wanted to do them in navy blue and for a long time, I couldn't find anything I liked in navy blue. 

Last year some time, I found a fabric I really loved and bought some. (That's it in the photo above.  Purty, ain't it??)  However, I wanted a different coordinating fabric to recover some of the other pillows, and couldn't find anything else that I liked.   So I stuck the fabric in my closet and I guess have just been waiting until I found something else I liked to go with it.

Well, I finally found something I like.  And I am excited to get my living room finally pulled together with stuff that I love, rather than just stuff I have settled for until something better comes along.

So, I am going to go get the new fabric today, and I pulled out the "old" fabric last night.  As soon as the Fundraiser quilt is done, the pillows will be next on the agenda!

Wip's NOT worked on:
WiP #4 -Denim Rag Quilt
WiP #5 - Star Baby Quilt
WiP #6 - Swoon Quilt (sad!)

WiP Stats
Current WiP's: 5
WiP's worked on this week: 2
New WiP's: 1
WiP's Finished: 1

Total WiP's: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!