Friday, January 13, 2012

Betty Crocker's Cooky Book Challenge

So when I first got married over seven years ago, my mother-in-law gave me the reprint of the original Betty Crocker's Cooky Book for Christmas, because it had in it the Chocolate Crinkle cookie recipe that was a holiday tradition in their family.

As of right now, it is still the only recipe out of the whole entire book that I have made. So I decided, just for fun, to change that. I am going to bake my way through the book.  I'm sure I am not the first person to think of this, nor the last.  But I think it will be a fun little challenge for myself that I am sure my husband and boys will not object to!

Here are my ground rules (subject to change as I go along):

1- I will make a recipe at least once every other week, but no more than once a week. Or in other words, 2 times a month minimum, but no more than 4-5 times per month. Why? Well, mainly because I have 3 little boys that don't need to be eating a gajillion cookies, and let's be honest, I don't need to be eating a gajillion cookies, either. So that is why no more than once a week. The "at least every other week," is to give me some wiggle room for those weeks when things are busy and I just don't have time or energy (or desire) to make cookies.

2- For the cookie recipes that list different variations of the same recipe, I will only "have" to make one version to fulfill my requirement of making "every recipe" in the book. However, if I feel like making more than one variation, I reserve the right to do so :)

3 - I am not requiring myself to make the cookies in any sort of order. I will just make whatever sounds good at the time.

4- Not technically a "rule", but more of a "heads up."  I will not be posting the actual recipes.  I feel like that is probably a copyright violation, since I will be following the recipes as closely as I can to how they are written, so they are not really mine to share.  However, I will give my opinion of each recipe, the page number, and I will post a picture of each recipe made.  If you are really interested in making all these cookies with me, you can purchase the book here! (Or, call me and I will give you the recipe.)

Ok. I'm off to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!