Friday, August 2, 2013

Cute Ruffle Butts and a Fun Summer Sewing Series!

This is a little project I finished a few weeks ago and am now just finding time to share:

bdiaper ruffle set

bdiaperrufflebib

 It is essentially the same as the Diaper & Bib sets I made for my nieces for Christmas last year, but with one adorable change...a ruffle butt!

bdiaper ruffle

I had thought about adding the ruffle to the Christmas sets just a little too late, so I knew when I made this one, I wanted to try it.  I think it turned out totally darling!

This set was made for my twins' good friend's little sister (say that five times fast!) for her birthday last month.  She just turned two, and I felt like this could be a gift that she could really grow into and use for years to come.

The only thing I didn't end up loving about this set was the little baby quilt, which was made entirely from flannel from my scrap box.  I used it to practice some FMQ on...and I definitely quilted it far too densely.  It ended up feeling like a place mat, rather than a baby doll quilt!  (I do, however, love the cute bird flannel backing!)

bdiaper ruffle quilt back


***

Something else I wanted to mention:

I'm participating in Nap-Time Creations Sew Many Books sewing series. This is a fun series of posts all about children's clothing inspired by children's books.  How fun is that??

Come back on August 12th to see my addition to this fun series.

Here's who else is joining in the fun this month:
 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps8cc13f49.jpg

Be sure to stop by Nap-Time Creations on these days for some great giveaways
August 6th- $50 to fabric.com & free Personalized kids book from iseeme.com
August 13th- Pattern Pack from Peek-a-Boo Patterns 
August 20th- Pattern Pack from Coles Corner and Creations & A Remnant Surprise Book
if you are interested in sponsoring a giveaway or participating in NEXT years Sew Many Books series e-mail Emily at nap-timecreations{at}hotmail{dot}com

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that ruffle butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya- that ruffle is ridiculously cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ruffle butt is adorable!!! Love the colors too!
    Emily @ nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!