While I have been sewing (frantically at times!), I have also had a couple of other projects going on that took priority simply because they had deadlines.
I taught a class at my church on my paper-covered barn stars the week before Thanksgiving.
I wish I could say it was a smashing success, but I have come to realize that there are a lot of people out here (I live in rural-ish Virginia) that have probably NEVER paper crafted before. While it should have been a simple "cut and paste" project, I think a lot of people that took it were overwhelmed. Oh, well.
I am also in the Primary (Children's organization) Presidency at my church, and with the new year comes a new theme and just a general renewal of all the materials we use throughout the year. My current project for Primary was making new binder covers for the Presidency and all the teachers.
Below is a sample of one of the teacher binders. Even though now that they are done I wish I had used the same red paper on the text and the list, I think they turned out really cute!
(The empty block is where the class, children's names and birthdays go.)
I used a free kit from Summertime Designs to make the covers. She has some really lovely kits, and they are amazingly all FREE!