Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Overachiever?

So yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I had decided I was going to make some little felt envelopes for the boys' classmates, based on THIS idea I found on, where else, Pinterest. 




Honestly, one of the real reasons I wanted to make them was so that I could check out all the different decorative stitches on my new sewing machine, and this was a good little project to do it on.  The boys only have six other children in their class to give Valentines to, so it wasn't anything overwhelming, plus, I was making them out of felt, so no seam finishing or other regular fabric concerns.  Easy peasy, really.

Apparently, other people didn't think so.  I posted a picture on Facebook as I was working on them and got a few reactions basically telling me nicely that I am an overachiever.

My husband commented after I had finished putting all the packages together that I had probably put more effort into the twins' Valentines than any other parent put into their kid's. 

Then, when I dropped the Valentines off with my twins' teacher, she looked in the bag and commented, "How did you find the time to make these??"

Really, I promise, they weren't that much effort.  Besides, they were fun, and I got to play with my new sewing machine.  Really, I don't see the problem.  But isn't the first step in dealing with a problem, acknowledging it?  If that is the case, I have a long road ahead, because now I am off to finish the quilt for the twins preschool fundraiser. 

1 comment:

  1. You know you're a crazy overachiever. But that's what we love about you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!